Article Resource Center
How to write a researchpaper ?
FIND A SUBJECT :
High school, college or university research paper writing will be easy through the understanding of this three-part article. Research techniques and processes vary from person to person. However, a set of steps prove valuable to students for writing a research paper.
The best research papers are written if the student has a personal interest in the topic, according to most of the college and university instructors. In case the research paper topics are not mandatory by your instructor, you can brainstorm for research paper ideas through identifying your personal interests and goals.
Choice of an appropriate research paper is determined if one is interested in reading or investigating. Investigating the basic resources makes one close to the subject. Working with secondary sources make one see a bigger picture about what other speak about one’s topic.
The typical College Paper involves surfing into literature from library. The topic should be interesting and of the standard of college or university. Some topics are worth investigating, others are casual or fact based. A few others are novel for a conclusive study.
READ A GENERRAL ARTICLE :
Next step to topic decision is to read a general authoritative article from a reliable source. Start with an overview source and go on with details. This approach is effective one for research paper writing. This makes you understand whether you want to follow this topic or not. Information on next steps will also be learnt by you. Look for the ideas that drive you to ask their authenticity. These ideas will provide a basis on which a temporary thesis or outline can be formulated.
WRITE A THESIS STATEMENT :
After reading a general article, you should move towards writing a thesis statement on the opted topic. As a researcher, you should be able to clarify a statement of truth by observing and choosing significant details from the material you will find on your topic. This forms your thesis statement which is actually your opinion about what you have read and that you can prove what you believe and scholar enough to discard or modify it if you reveal facts that make it prove invalid.
A good thesis statement must express and give idea on issue that is arguable and demands further details. Writing a thesis statement at this stage produces a temporary draft as all the available facts are not accumulated and it only provides you an angle of vision which can lead you for further research.
Your thesis writing should be restricted in specified time limits in which you have to work and in which the thesis statement of the paper can be investigated thoroughly. The failure to limit a thesis is the most important factor leading to a poor research paper. Narrowing your thesis statement and limiting the scope of your research makes the expression of the idea that can be handled in a through and realistic way.
A short research paper outline listing facilitates writing a thesis statement. In sentence form, it helps in construction of main ideas that prove your thesis. Then, you should observe that which point of all can serve as your thesis. Continue with this process till your thesis is limited. This thesis is of temporary nature. It makes you understand how to focus on your subject and select the material for research. Now a research paper outline can be formulated
WRITE A RESEARCH PAPER OUTLINE :
The angles of the thesis statement you choose visualize the outline of your research paper automatically with a logical analysis. These ideas should be written in sentences so that the outline is formulated easily with a logical reach of each point. This helps in refining the bibliography without wasting much time and helps formulating research paper.
You use deductive process for setting the outline of your research paper. You select a premise or statement and verify that if this premise is being substantially supported according to your sources and facts in it. The deductive process should be taken as temporary outline while the rest of the thesis is inductively developed by analyzing the materials. The result though has to be made accurate by these materials and facts.
The outline of research paper is a path of your thesis for your reader to follow you step by step.
It has to be made sure that outline is relevant and the subtopics are related to each general topic which should be related to the thesis directly. In the outline, it has to be made sure that each item is parallel to other both grammatically and logically without any overlapping. The order is important to be maintained in an outline that is, it should have importance with arranging it logically. To find the error is in your organization and logic is so made easy.
WRITE A FIRST DRAFT :
Though you will never feel that you are satisfied with your notes and will be thinking to add one more source, the time for your first draft arrives inevitably.
- Check that the materials you have gathered come up to your thesis statement which is specific and a declarative sentence.
- Research paper outline should be consistent.
- Do not start up with the introduction. It is better to write the ideas you have gathered for the general and their sub topic and then may polish them later on. By this you can further think and write introduction when you know what you are introducing.
- The topics should be carefully analyzed and should be in a sequence that makes your reader understand the way you have analyzed each topic by quoting examples, facts and figures. Make it sure that paraphrased material is also handled carefully.
- Try that you use the least direct Quotations and use is it as an option when you have no other form of using those words or the quote is extremely important. Copy the quotes exactly when taking the original ones and check that:
- You do not mix your own words with ‘stringing quotes’;
- You must analyze the material’s source to show to your reader that how relevant that is for your argument by telling specifically the importance of it t your reader;
- A specific transition has to be maintained with each quoted passage.
- Each part of your outline should be developed as it is a separate part and as a separate essay. And so there are many essays in this way which take their own time to be developed as a section.
WRITE INTRODUCTION AND CONCLUSION :
This section can now be formed as you actually know what you are introducing. These things can be done with your introduction:
- 1. specify the value and timeliness of research made by you;
- 2. clearly define the terms and abstracts used in thesis;
- 3. tell briefly the reason of choosing this aspect out of your topic;
- 4. itelling the reader about the other aspects then your chosen topic;
- 5. Lead the reader directly into your topic by giving a pertinent antidote;
- 6. Explain the how you have approached this topic of yours in a summary.
This shows that, whatever is your approach, the introduction should be relevant enough to gain reader’s immediate attention by clarifying your thesis.
This part is the most essential part of any research. The material gathered by you becomes meaningless if not properly restated in this portion. It has to be shown what your material results or concludes to. Make it easier for the reader, to analyze and also evaluate main points. This has to be your original contribution, and manifests your research even more. What you understand of the topic, is clearly identified in this part. Your main ideas should be recapitulated in it.
Good luck, working with your research.
We ensure the best help which is and will be provided by our qualified and experienced writers.